-- Campus Catalog --Registration Priority
- According to class standing
Creative Writing program is highly competitive and somewhat limited. Contact UMF NSE Coordinator to discuss.Notable Academic Programs
- Community Health
- Rehabilitation Sciences
- Outdoor Recreation Management - UMF's Outdoor Recreation Business Administration program (ORBA) is an innovative academic program with a broad four-season focus and an emphasis on business, with substantial coursework in outdoor recreation — including areas like snow sports, the river industry, adventure sports, hiking and camping, golf and inland fishing.
- Creative Writing
Unique Academic Programs
- Outdoor Recreation Management - Outdoor Recreation Business Administration program (ORBA)
Undergraduate Majors Open to NSE Students
Area Studies: International Studies
Art/Design/Fine Art: Art, Arts Administration, Visual Arts
Biological Sciences: Biology/Life Science
Business: Actuarial Science, Business
Education: Early Childhood, Elementary Education, Secondary Education, Special Education
English: Creative Writing, English
Environmental Studies: Energy/Environmental Policy, Environmental Sciences, Resource Recreation Management
Foreign Language: Chinese (some courses), French, Japanese (some courses), Spanish
General Studies: Individualized Degree Program, Individualized Studies, Interdisciplinary Studies, Social Sciences
Geography and Urban Studies: Environmental Planning, Geography
Health and Safety Sciences: Community Health, Health Education, Health Information Administration, Rehabilitation Sciences
Information Studies: Computer Science
International Studies: International Studies
Performing Arts: Music, Theater Arts/Drama
Philosophy/Religious Studies: Philosophy, Religion
Political Science: International Studies, Political Science
Psychology: Industrial Psychology, Psychology
Recreation: Outdoor Recreation Management
Sociology/Social Work: Social Science, Sociology
Tuition / Fees
-- Campus Budget --
Tuition and Fees - Home Payment (Plan B) Students
- Fees are subject to change without notice.
- Two semesters = one academic year
- Three quarters = one academic year
Maximum Credit Hours Per Semester
- No tuition/fees are paid to the host campus.
- Figures do not include costs you will incur for course specific enrollment (e.g., laboratory courses, student teaching, studio art)
- See below for credit hour restrictions and/or miscellaneous fees applicable to Home Payment (Plan B) students.
Miscellaneous Fees - Per Semester
- Home Payment (Plan B): 16 ($268 per additional hour)
Figures are current as of 05/25/17.
Exchange with Canada - Health Insurance
Students must purchase campus health insurance at $1,692 per semester.
Room / Meals
Figures are current as of 05/25/17
On-Campus Housing Per Semester
- 45% living on campus
- Double: $2519
- Full-year contract required for a full-year exchange
- Students must live on campus
Meal Plans Per Semester
- Appoximate monthly cost: $0
- Proximity to campus:
Notes About Meal Plans
- Meal purchase is required for on campus living.
- $2148 per semester for 21 meals per week.
- $1985 per semester for 10 meals per week.
- $1680 per semester for 5 meals per week.
All meal plans include declining balance dollars