-- Campus Catalog --Registration Priority
- According to class standing
Health and medicine are closed programs, unavailable for exchange students.Limitations
Enrollment in business and engineering courses is very limited. Audition or portfolio is required for admissions to art, dance, and music classes.Notable Academic Programs
- Gaming Management - Entertainment Arts & Engineering (EAE) at the University of Utah earns the title of the top video game school in the nation with the number one ranking for its graduate program and number two for its undergraduate program by The Princeton Review.
- Biology/Life Science - The university is home to the Genetic Science Learning Center, a resource which educates the public about genetics through its website. With more than 40 faculty members and approximately 800 majors, the Department of Biology ranks among the largest undergraduate departments at the University of Utah.
- Engineering - The latest report by the American Society of Engineering Education (ASEE) ranks the University of Utah’s College of Engineering 46th of 352 schools in the size of our undergraduate enrollment. ASEE also ranks Utah Engineering 37th of 205 schools in total annual research expenditures and 26th of 371 schools for the number of tenure-track faculty. Additionally, the faculty has grown engineering research to $80.4 million per year, placing our College in the top 50 engineering universities in the country for research productivity. The College’s success in research has contributed to its being ranked among the top 150 Engineering/Technology and Computer Sciences programs by the Academic Ranking of World Universities.
- Architecture - The University of Utah has the only accredited architecture program in Utah. Structurally, the College of Architecture + Planning is made up of the School of Architecture, the Department of City and Metropolitan Planning, and the fledgling Multi-disciplinary Design program. It is also home to three research centers: the Ecological Planning Center, the Integrated Technology in Architecture Center, and the Metropolitan Research Center.
- Political Science - The university is host to the Neal A. Maxwell Lecture Series in Political Theory and Contemporary Politics, a forum for political theorists to share their newest theoretical work, and is home to the Hinckley Institute of Politics, which places more than 350 students every year in local, state, national, and global internships.
Undergraduate Majors Open to NSE Students
Aerospace Sciences: Aerospace Studies
Anthropology: Anthropology, Ethnic Studies
Area Studies: Asian/Oriental Studies, Gender, Ethnicity and Multicultural Studies, Gerontology, International Studies, Latin American Studies, Middle Eastern Studies
Art/Design/Fine Art: Art, Art History, Ceramic Art/Ceramics, Design, Drawing, Fine Art, Media Arts, Theater Art
Athletics: Athletic Training, Exercise Science, Fitness and Sports Science, Sports Medicine
Biological Sciences: Bioinformatics, Biology/Life Science
Business: Accounting, Business, Business Administration, Entrepreneurship, Finance/Banking, Management, Marketing
Chemistry: Biochemistry, Chemistry
Communications: Communication, Film
Computer Science: Computer Game Design
Consumer and Family Studies: Child Consumer and Family Studies, Consumer Sciences/Services, Family Studies
Earth Sciences: Astronomy, Atmospheric Sciences, Geology
Education: Educational Administration and Supervision, Educational Studies, English, Health Education, Mathematics, Music, Secondary Education, Special Education
Engineering: Biological Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Civil and Environmental Engineering, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Engineering, Environmental Engineering, Materials Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Metallurgical Engineering, Mineral/Mining Engineering, Nuclear Engineering, Software Engineering
English: Classical Studies, Comparative Literature, Creative Writing, English, Language and Literacy, Linguistics, Literature, Rhetoric, Writing
Food Science: Nutrition
Foreign Language: American Sign Language, Arabic (some courses), Chinese (some courses), English as a Foreign Language, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi-Urdu, Italian, Japanese (some courses), Korean, Language and Culture, Navajo, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish
General Studies: Classical Studies, Gender Studies, Humanities, Leadership Studies
Geography and Urban Studies: City Planning, Geographic Information Sciences & Emergency Management, Geography
Health and Safety Sciences: Communication Disorders, Exercise Science, Gerontology, Health Education, Health Promotion, Kinesiology, Occupational Therapy, Therapeutic Recreation
Information Studies: Computer Science, Information Systems
International Studies: International Studies
Mathematics: Mathematics, Statistics
Military Sciences: Military Sciences, Naval Sciences
Performing Arts: Ballet, Dance, Modern Dance, Music
Philosophy/Religious Studies: Asian Religions and Culture, Philosophy, Religious Studies
Physics: Astrophysics, Geophysics, Materials Sciences, Physics
Political Science: International Studies, Peace Studies, Political Science
Recreation: Recreation, Recreation Therapy
Sociology/Social Work: Gender Studies, Social Work, Sociology
Speech Pathology and Audiology: Communication Disorders
Host Payment (Plan A)
For Plan A U.S. students, aid is awarded by and disbursed from your host campus.
Students apply for federally funded financial aid by using the FAFSA code of their host campus.
Host campuses award aid to eligible incoming Plan A students on a first-come, first-served basis as long as funds are available.
Ask your home campus NSE coordinator if your campus awards aid to their own outgoing students. If so, do not apply for aid from your host campus.
For eligible Plan A applicants U.S. federal financial aid may be available in the following programs:
Use FAFSA CODE: 003675
Home Payment (Plan B)
For eligible Plan B students, aid is awarded by and disbursed from your home campus.
Regardless of Payment Plan, students exchanging to or from Canada, apply for financial aid at their home campus.