-- Campus Catalog --Registration Priority
- According to class standing
Audition or portfolio is required for admission to music, theatre and art majors.
Upper level education courses may be difficult to access. Please contact NSE coordinator with questions.Notable Academic Programs
- Adventure Education - Strong, dedicated faculty and program that utilizes New Hampshire's lakes, rivers and mountains to build skills in wilderness expedition, ropes courses, whitewater kayaking, rock climbing, mountaineering, backpacking, and winter camping.
- Meteorology - program not only meets but exceeds all recommended American Meteorological Society guidelines for undergraduate degree programs
OptionsUndergraduate Majors Open to NSE Students
RA Exchange: Yes
Art/Design/Fine Art: Art, Art Education, Art History, Ceramic Art/Ceramics, Drawing, Fine Art, Graphic Design, Painting, Printmaking, Sculpture, Studio Art
Athletics: Athletic Training, Coaching, Exercise Science, Fitness and Sports Science, Health and Fitness Teaching, Physical Education, Sports Management/Administration
Biological Sciences: Biology/Life Science, Biotechnology
Business: Accounting, Business, Business Administration, Finance/Banking, Human Resource Management, Management, Marketing
Chemistry: Biochemistry, Chemistry, Environmental Chemistry
Communications: Communication, Journalism, Multimedia
Computer Science: System Administration
Criminal Justice: Criminal Justice, Legal Studies
Earth Sciences: Atmospheric Sciences, Earth Science, Meteorology, Physical Sciences
Economics: Applied Economics, Economics
Education: Athletic Training Education, Childhood Studies, Early Childhood, Elementary Education, English, Health Education, Junior High/Middle School, Junior High/Middle School Mathematics, Kindergarten Education, Mathematics, Music, Physical Education, Science, Secondary Education, Social Science Education, Special Education
English: English, Film Studies, Literature, Writing
Environmental Studies: Environmental Biology, Environmental Management, Environmental Sciences
Foreign Language: Arabic (some courses), Chinese (some courses), French, Spanish
General Studies: Humanities, Interdisciplinary Studies, Social Studies
Geography and Urban Studies: Environmental Planning, Geographic Information Sciences & Emergency Management, Geography
Health and Safety Sciences: Exercise Science, Health Promotion, Health Science, Rehabilitation Sciences, School Health, Wellness
Hospitality and Tourism: Hospitality Management, Tourism and Travel, Tourism Management
Information Studies: Computer Science, Computer Technology, Information Technology
Mathematics: Actuarial Mathematics, Mathematics
Medieval/Renaissance Studies: Medieval/Renaissance Studies
Performing Arts: Acting, Dance, Dramatic Writing, Music, Music Education, Music Performance, Music Technology, Music Theater, Theater Arts/Drama, Theater Design Technology
Philosophy/Religious Studies: Philosophy
Political Science: Political Science
Recreation: Adventure Education, Recreation Leadership, Sports Management
Sociology/Social Work: Social Science, Social Work, Sociology
Technology: Biological Technology, Computer Technology, Information Technology
Tuition / Fees
-- Campus Budget --
Tuition and Fees - Home Payment (Plan B) Students
- Fees are subject to change without notice.
- Two semesters = one academic year
- Three quarters = one academic year
Maximum Credit Hours Per Semester
- No tuition/fees are paid to the host campus.
- Figures do not include costs you will incur for course specific enrollment (e.g., laboratory courses, student teaching, studio art)
- See below for credit hour restrictions and/or miscellaneous fees applicable to Home Payment (Plan B) students.
Miscellaneous Fees - Per Semester
- Home Payment (Plan B): 17 ($823 per additional hour)
Figures are current as of 07/11/17.
Important Notes: Orientation fee provides NSE students with comprehensive overview of Plymouth State, regional excursion/s, social activities, early on-campus move-in and accompanying meals (fee normally only assessed in Fall)
Exchange with Canada - Health Insurance
Students must purchase campus health insurance at $320 per semester.