-- Campus Catalog --Registration Priority
Notable Academic Programs
- According to class standing
- Ethnobotany - Currently the only Ethnobotany program in the country.
Unique Academic Programs
Undergraduate Majors Open to NSE Students
Area Studies: International Studies
Art/Design/Fine Art: Art
Athletics: Athletic Training, Exercise Science, Physical Education
Biological Sciences: Biology/Life Science, Ethnobotany, Wildlife Biology
Business: Accounting, Business Administration, Finance/Banking, International Business, Management, Marketing, Personnel, Small Business Management
Communications: Communication, Mass Communication
Computer Science: Computer Network Security
Criminal Justice: Criminal Justice, Legal Studies
Earth Sciences: Earth Science
Education: Early Childhood, Elementary Education, English, Health Education, Mathematics, Physical Education, Secondary Education, Social Science Education, Spanish
Engineering: Electrical Engineering, Engineering, Materials Engineering
English: Creative Writing, English, Literature, Professional Writing
Environmental Studies: Environmental Design, Environmental Engineering, Environmental Geology, Environmental Management, Environmental Sciences, Environmental Studies, Environmental Technology, Landscape Management, Sustainability Studies, Wetlands Management, Wildlife Biology/Science, Wildlife Management
Foreign Language: French, Spanish
General Studies: Interdisciplinary Studies, Social Sciences
Geography and Urban Studies: Environmental Planning, Geography, Regional Analysis/Planning, Urban Planning
Health and Safety Sciences: Exercise Science, Health Education, Health Services Administration, Kinesiology, Nursing, Therapeutic Recreation
Hospitality and Tourism: Hospitality Management
Information Studies: Computer Information Systems, Computer Science, Information Technology
International Studies: International Studies
Performing Arts: Dance, Music Performance, Performance, Theater Arts/Drama
Philosophy/Religious Studies: Philosophy
Political Science: International Studies, Political Science
Pre-Professional : Medicine Pre-Professional, Pharmacy Pre-Professional, Veterinary Medicine Pre-Professional
Recreation: Adventure Education, Outdoor Recreation Management, Parks Administration and Management, Recreation, Recreation Therapy
Sociology/Social Work: Law and Society, Social Science, Social Work, Sociology
Technology: Information Technology
Theater: Performance and Directing
Tuition / Fees
-- Campus Budget --
Tuition and Fees - Home Payment (Plan B) Students
- Fees are subject to change without notice.
- Two semesters = one academic year
- Three quarters = one academic year
Maximum Credit Hours Per Semester
- No tuition/fees are paid to the host campus.
- Figures do not include costs you will incur for course specific enrollment (e.g., laboratory courses, student teaching, studio art)
- See below for credit hour restrictions and/or miscellaneous fees applicable to Home Payment (Plan B) students.
Miscellaneous Fees - Per Semester
- Home Payment (Plan B): 18
Figures are current as of 08/10/18.
|NSE Program Fee
Exchange with Canada - Health Insurance
Students must purchase campus health insurance at $1,092 per year.
Room / Meals
Figures are current as of 08/10/18
On-Campus Housing Per Semester
- 31% living on campus
- Double: $4445 (includes meals)
- Per semester unless otherwise noted
- Students must live on campus
Meal Plans Per Semester
- Appoximate monthly cost: $0
- Proximity to campus:
Notes About Meal Plans
- Meal purchase is required for on campus living.
- $2175 per semester for 12 meals per week.
- $2095 per semester for 14 meals per week.
- $2446 per semester for 15 meals per week.
Meal plans include Bonus dollars which can be used at any dining facility on campus. Meals can be used in the dining hall or at Appalachian Station or (on campus) Subway. The 12 meal plan includes $250 bonus dollars, the 14 meal plan includes $100 bonus dollars and the 15 meal plan includes $300 bonus dollars.