-- Campus Catalog --Registration PriorityClosed Programs
Nursing, EEC Education classes, Dental HygieneLimitations
Education, BusinessNotable Academic Programs
- Substance Abuse/Addictions
- Native American Studies
OptionsUndergraduate Majors Open to NSE Students
Honors Access: Yes
- Art Education
- Art History
- Artificial Intelligence and Robotics
- Athletic Training
- Automotive Engineering
- Aviation Studies
- Biology/Life Science
- Botany/Plant Sciences
- Business Administration
- Business Management
- Ceramic Art/Ceramics
- Child Development
- Civil Engineering
- Communication Studies
- Community Health
- Construction Management
- Creative Writing
- Criminal Justice
- Earth Science
- Education of the Deaf
- Electrical Engineering
- Elementary Education
- Environmental Sciences
- Ethnic Studies
- Exercise Science
- Experimental Pathology
- Family Consumer Science
- Graphic Design
- Human Resource Management
- Interior Design
- International Business
- International Relations
- Latin American Studies
- Law Enforcement/Police Sciences
- Management Information Systems
- Mechanical Engineering
- Medical Technology
- Merchandising and Buying Operations
- Native American/American Indian Studies
- Performance and Directing
- Physical Education
- Political Science
- Recreation Management
- Rehabilitation Sciences
- Scandinavian Studies
- Secondary Education
- Social Work
- Sports Management/Administration
- Technical Writing
- Theater Arts/Drama/Acting
- Urban Studies
- Women and Gender Studies
Tuition / Fees
-- Campus Budget --
Tuition and Fees - Home Payment (Plan B) Students
- Fees are subject to change without notice.
- Two semesters = one academic year
- Three quarters = one academic year
Maximum Credit Hours Per Semester
- No tuition/fees are paid to the host campus.
- Figures do not include costs you will incur for course specific enrollment (e.g., laboratory courses, student teaching, studio art)
- See below for credit hour restrictions and/or miscellaneous fees applicable to Home Payment (Plan B) students.
Miscellaneous Fees - Per Semester
- Home Payment (Plan B): 18 ($332 per additional hour)
Figures are current as of 07/11/20.
|Health Service Fee
Important Notes: A $250 housing deposit is required for on-campus housing reservations.
Only students who take Business classes are subject to the $125 College of Business technology fee.
NSE students who make ON-CAMPUS housing reservations can order a $70 "Welcome Package" from the Kearney International Center that provides basic sheets, blanket, pillow, towel, short-term toiletries and a small food bag upon arrival: http://www.mnsu.edu/international/arriving.html
Some textbooks may be able to be in-library rented for all students using their mav cards
Room / Meals
Figures are current as of 07/11/20
On-Campus Housing Per Semester
- 17% living on campus
- Double: $4927 (includes meals)
- Per semester unless otherwise noted
- On campus living encouraged
Notes About Housing
- Approximate monthly cost: $500
- Proximity to campus: 1.0
- Local Public Transportation Available to Campus
One semester students: We recommend Briargate Apartments, and Summit & Jacob Heights for their short-term lease options. Summit & Jacob Heights also offer furnished units.
For any apartment complex in Mankato that does not offer furnished rooms, you can contact CORT Furniture Rental if you do not plan to bring your own furnishings: https://minneapolis.cort.com/storefront/student/c02_04.html
Universities buses have routes to major apartment complexes that travel around Mankato and back to campus
Meal Plans Per Semester
Notes About Meal Plans
- Meal purchase is required for on campus living.
- $250 declining balance plan.
- $1326 per semester for 10 meals per week.
- $1508 per semester for 14 meals per week.
- $1459 per semester for 21 meals per week.
Meal Plans Options - https://mnsu.sodexomyway.com/my-meal-plan
Maverick AnyTime (unlimited meals): $1,502(F), $1,503(S), $3,005(AY)- includes $100 dining dollars (plus 3 guest meals)
Maverick 14 (14 meals/wk): $1,550(F), $1,550(S), $3,100(AY) - includes $200 dining dollars (plus 3 guest meals)
Maverick 160 (10 meals/wk): $1,403(F), $1,403(S), $2,806(AY)- Convert any of your 160 meals a semester to Dining Dollars at a conversion rate of $6 per meal.
Maverick Flex: $250(F), $250(S), $500(AY)
Fees - Per Semester
Figures are current as of 07/11/20.
Exchange with Canada - Health Insurance
Students must purchase campus health insurance at $1,050 per semester.